Religious Education Program
All catechetical ministers and parents are responsible for being familiar with the following:
- Drop off/Pick ups - Parents of elementary students must walk their children to their classroom. They will also have to sign their child in and sign their child out.
- Attendance – Students are expected to be in their assigned classrooms when class begins. When a student is absent for two consecutive class sessions, the parents will be contacted by the CCE office before the next session. After four unexcused absences, the student’s name will be dropped from the class roster to make room for other students, unless maintaining enrollment is justified after a meeting with a parent. Please contact the CCE office in advance to report if your child will be absent from class and the reason for the absence.
- Tardiness – To avoid disrupting the class, it is important that the child arrive in class on time. Students who are routinely late will be asked to report to the CCE office.
General Conduct – All students of our CCE program are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the standards of Christian charity and good manners. Disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. Although we will make every attempt to deal with misconduct on a case – by – case basis, the following guidelines apply:
- 1st Offense......... Verbal warning from Catechist
- 2nd Offense........ Report to CCE office and Parents contacted
- 3rd Offense........ Student’s name will be dropped from the class roster to make room for another student
- *Dress Code – Students will be expected to present themselves for class in “school dress”. Attire which may be considered as promoting profanity, obscenity, or conduct contrary to Christian morality is not permitted. Students in violation of this dress code will be sent to the CCE office and parents will be contacted
- Illegal Drug/Alcohol Use – The use of addictive substances is strictly prohibited by law and violators will be referred to the appropriate corrective agencies. Smoking is prohibited on the church premises at any time. Prescription medication may not be administered to students by catechists or any of the pastoral staff.
- Truancy – When a student willfully and intentionally leaves CCE without securing proper permission, he/she is considered to be truant. Consequences for truant students may lead to suspension and or even expulsion from the CCE program if conditions warrant
- Parking Lot Safety– All parents and students are advised to exercise caution and good safety manners in the parking lot and drop-off areas. Children grades Kindergarten through 5th are to be picked up in their classroom by parents or other designated adult. Students of driving age are expected to operate their vehicles in a safe and courteous manner while on parish premises. Negligent and dangerous driving habits will result in suspension and even expulsion from the CCE program
- Sunday Mass – Please remember that CCE is not a substitute for the Sunday Liturgy. Children should understand that worshipping with the parish community at Sunday Mass is an important aspect of their spiritual growth as Catholic Christians. Attendance at Mass should be regarded as part of CCE curriculum for the students and should not be neglected.